Collapse

• Filter
  • Giờ
  • Show
Clear All

• Coi chừng bị lường gạt..... City Energy Efficiency Audits Scam

Chuyện có thật.... Cô này là người quen ở dưới Santa Ana / Irvine

Dear friends,

Yesterday we had someone stop at our house with a laminated card stating that we were subject to a mandatory energy efficiency audit required by the city. He stated that our energy consumption was high and the city sent a postcard informing us about the mandatory audit. He said that since we didn’t respond, he had to follow up and had to conduct the audit. He wore a T-shirt with logo said “Energy Audit…” and a reflective safety vest. He was holding a tablet and was aggressively inquiring to get information about the household, number of people living in the house, number of rooms and if the walls were insulated…etc.

I didn’t want to answer any of his questions and asked him for a phone number to schedule a later appointment, ID or a business card and he didn’t have any. As I didn’t want to answer any of the questions, I told him I was not the homeowner and he would have to schedule another appointment. He said he would be in the area in the next couple days and would stop by again. He asked forthe best time to stop by. I told him that we are available any time.

We suspected about the guy and called our city police. The police confirmed that the city didn’t send anyone out to the area and asked us not to allow him in the house if he comes back. They said that they will send several police cars to the area to look for him.

We had a similar situation few months earlier.There were about 5 people in a white van with no logo or business name, they said that they were remodeling contractors. Unfortunately, we didn’t report them. But we learned from our neighbors that they were scammers.

Please be aware, don’t let strangers into your house and report any suspicious visits.

Regards,
    Sara
    Employment Development Department

(nhận được qua e-mail)

Hội Quán Phi Dũng ©
Diễn Đàn Chiến Hữu & Thân Hữu Không Quân VNCH

website hit counter

Working...
X