Collapse

• Filter
  • Giờ
  • Show
Clear All

• Petco to Stop Selling Treats Made in China

Petco to Stop Selling Treats Made in China
    By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS - MAY 20, 2014

The pet food retailer Petco said on Tuesday that it would stop selling dog and cat treats made in China by the end of this year because of continuing fears that they are making pets sick.

Investigators at the Food and Drug Administration began receiving reports of illnesses in 2007. In an update last week, the F.D.A. said it had received more than 4,800 complaints of pet illnesses and more than 1,000 reports of dog deaths after pets ate Chinese-made chicken, duck or sweet potato jerky treats.

The agency said that tests found the antiviral drug amantadine in some samples of imported chicken jerky treats sold a year or more ago, but that it did not think that caused the illnesses. The F.D.A. said it would continue to investigate.

Petco said that shoppers had asked it to stop selling treats from China. The company said it was switching such products out for treats that are made in the United States, New Zealand, Australia and South America.

The company said it began cutting down on the amount of Chinese-made treats three years ago. It expects to completely get rid of them in all its 1,300 stores by the end of this year.

It does not sell any pet food made in China.

It's about time to ban all stuff that Made in Recall (China)

Walmart: Recall Ol Roy Dog and Cat food. Pet Owners: BOYCOTT this product!

Ol Roy dog food has many ingredients from China (including Menadione... a controversial form of vitamin K linked to liver toxicity, allergies and the abnormal break-down of red blood cells) and is killing Dogs and Cats. There is danger Not just because of Bad nutrition, but Dogs and Cats are getting sick and dying. My dog died from it. Shortly after eating, he was throwing up, had trouble standing, was breathing heavily, he refused to eat or drink, and his gums began pale. If you do a Google search you will find tons of people having the same issues. People are buying the food of course because of the price - that's why I bought it. Bad nutrition dog food is one thing but food that is killing animals due to it's ingredients and because of a blue mold is another. Wal-Mart you must pull Ol Roy products! I am letting as many people as possible about this horrible product in your stores."

I'd rather be flying !

Comment

Comment

Hội Quán Phi Dũng ©
      Diễn Đàn Chiến Hữu & Thân Hữu Không Quân VNCH

website hit counter

Working...
      X