2014 Reunion - 3389th PTS, 3512th PTS, and 3551st PTS

Collapse

• Filter
  • Giờ
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 Reunion - 3389th PTS, 3512th PTS, and 3551st PTS

Summer Greetings to All,

Although it is hard to believe, almost another year and a half has passed since our 2012 Reunion in San Antonio. Don Schmenk, Milt Ross, Bob Simpson and I (and several others) are now actively working on our next reunion, which is scheduled for April 10-13, 2014 in Dayton, OH. I apologize in advance for the length of this message, however there is a lot of information to provide to you.

As some of you may be aware, holding the reunion in Dayton is quite a departure from our past, as usually gathered in either Biloxi or San Antonio, although we did go to Branson, MO on two occasions. The reason for this departure for this particular reunion is two-fold: one, we are now 50+ years since pilot training through the Military Assistance Program began at Moody AFB and two, because of those passing years we wanted to celebrate with all IP's and all Students who may have been associated with any of the three primary squadrons where the training was conducted. Those squadrons were, first - the 3551st at Moody AFB, then - the 3512th at Randolph AFB and finally the 3389th (at Keesler and then at Webb). We could think of no better venue to attempt this joint meeting than at the National Museum of the USAF (NMUSAF) in Dayton, OH, the birthplace of aviation and a national show piece for our military flying heritage. (Future reunions will return to Biloxi, MS in 2016 and then likely back to San Antonio in 2018.)

Actually, our reunion plans are rather simple. We have reserved lodging (75 rooms) at the Crown Plaza - Dayton for the four day reunion and we plan to focus most daily activities on the NMUSAF and the aviation heritage the city of Dayton has to offer. We have reserved two tours of the Restoration Hangar and plan to hold our banquet "under the wings" at the NMUSAF. From all accounts, this will be a very special night with full military honors to our POW's, several renditions by the "USAF Band Of Air" (and soloist) and other related activities. I say "plan to hold" because we need to have sufficient numbers of attendees to make it cost effective for all. We had 104 join us in San Antonio at one of our very best reunions and if we have those same type numbers, we will easily be able to have our banquet as currently planned.

In addition to the NMUSAF activities, there are numerous other things to do in the area. We are making arrangements for those who may wish to play a round or two of golf before, during or after the reunion. Nearby is the Carillon Park Historical Center, the historical area of Dayton, which includes many revitalized sites of old-town Dayton as well as crafts, shops, eateries and other venues. Batavia, OH is the home of the Warbird Museum.

There are a few other things in the mix as well, but we don't have any confirmations yet on those, thus I will defer that information until we have a better idea of their actual occurrence.

I have placed links below to a few places of interest: first, the hotel where we will be staying, the Crown Plaza Dayton; second and third are links to the NMUSAF and lastly, a site dedicated to The Carillon Historical Center area of Dayton.

In addition, I have attached the following: "Our 2014 Save The Date Newsletter" (you'll also receive this via regular postal mail).

Finally, what do we need from you at the moment? Two things: One, please "SAVE THE DATE" and consider coming to join us. The NMUSAF will be a great place to share many good memories with our friends and to be in a place where our "aviation heritage" is celebrated and began; and, two, if you plan to come, or think you will come, please reply to this email to let me know. We can use that potential attendance information help us determine the viability of our planned banquet as well as other activities.

Expect to receive registration forms and related Reunion material, schedules, etc. in early November. These will arrive by regular postal mail service. Additional information and updates will be distributed via email and also posted to our website: www.3389thpts.com So, please ensure that your email address and other contact information is correct.

Thanks for your time and we do hope to see you in Dayton next April.

Major Treadway

Aforementioned links below:

http://www.crowneplaza.com/hotels/us...d=1863&dp=true

http://www.nationalmuseum.af.mil/

http://www.cdsg.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=381

http://www.daytonhistory.org/
    Last edited by thanphongkingwood; 08-07-2013, 10:25 PM.
    Mời bạn ghé thăm nhà:
    http://thovanyenson.com

Hội Quán Phi Dũng ©
Diễn Đàn Chiến Hữu & Thân Hữu Không Quân VNCH

website hit counter

Working...
X